Saturday, February 23, 2013

Trout Lake area and St. Ignace

The sun was setting as we headed back to St. Ignace.  Shortly after we passed through Trout Lake, we came across this scene.  It is hard to see, but there was a bright red-orange streak that looked like it was rising into the sky.  We pulled off and took a couple of pictures.



Although the sky isn't as vibrant, I like this one a bit better as the foreground is lighter.



I'd reserved a room at the Quality Inn in Saint Ignace knowing that it was going to be a long day.  We could have made it back to Ypsi if we'd wanted to, but by the time we were done eating we were both glad we were staying.  This moose was located just outside the entrance to the hotel.  Unknown to me at the time, and not noticed until looking through pictures to post, my car is reflected in the front door.



This moose is on the corner of US 2 and the road the hotel is on.  If you've been along US 2 in St. Ignace, you've probably seen this.  Here it appears to be sprouting a McDonald's sign from it.  I just shot this from the window of my car. 

No comments:

Post a Comment