Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Mackinaw City

Although our destination was Tahquamenon Falls, we stopped in Mackinaw City for lunch and a few pictures.  The last time I was in Mackinaw City in the winter was a few years back when Ken wanted to get some pictures for the 1000th post on his blog.  Looking at the pictures, I don't remember the weather being that nice.  What I remember about the trip was getting caught in a snowstorm on the drive home and stopping the night in Bay City without my overnight bag.  It is nice to see that it was nicer than I remember.


The sun was shining brightly when we go there and it was supposed to stay nice throughout our trip.  The Mackinaw City Light guards the Straits.



This was about as close to the Lake as I got.  The weather was actually pretty nice.



I think I need to crop the shadow out of the lower left corner.

1 comment: