Saturday, February 2, 2013

Eggs

As some of you know, I'm taking a photography class.  Our first assignment was 'Chicken Eggs.'  I was left scratching my head as to what to do.  I had some ideas, some of which I saw variations of during the professor showing examples.



The one thing I thought of that I hadn't seen was a chicken egg illuminated from the inside.  I took a couple of eggs, blew them out and opened one end enough to stick a Christmas light inside.  This worked pretty well except for the fact that I don't have a lot of experience with night photography.

My first examples are pretty poor.



I kept trying different things.



Illuminated from within with a blue light.



And green.



A couple of days later I tried with a remote shutter release.



The results were better, but still not as good as I'd hoped.



One last attempt at illumination.



I then moved outdoors and set this on one of the shelves on my gas grill.



It had been raining a bit.



I'm still not thrilled with how these turned out, but it was an interesting exercise and I'd like to try it again sometime.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah, it turned out better than I thought it would.

      Delete
  2. I like the last shot as well good lighting and textures. i like the way the line keeps the veiwer focused on the subject...I also like the green illuminated egg the red in the background leads the veiwer nicely to the egg there is enough interest here to want to stay and enjoy a while. Good Job Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete