Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Frosty Morning

Saturday morning Ken and I decided to head north to get some pictures. On the way up we were admiring the frost on trees. Our goal was to get to Tahquamenon Falls and this put us on a pretty tight schedule. As we headed north we pulled into a rest area where I decided to take some time to get some pictures.
It was cold.  Bitterly cold.  When we got back in the car, it registered -1F.  A short way up the road, it dipped to -3F before climbing back up.



The snow was pretty deep and by the time I got out to the trees, I was wishing I'd grabbed my macro lens.  Between the cold and the snow in my boots, I decided I was going to do the best I could with what I had.  I'm pretty happy with the results, but think I could have gotten some better images if I'd trudged back through the knee deep snow.



The frost coated everything in the area.



A lone branch reaching for the sky.



I liked this branch.



I think if I had shot this image from the same position as the previous one, I'd have something really cool. 



This one was quite a bit lower.  It worked okay, but I think the blue sky was a better background.



I'm not sure I like this one.  The branch in the foreground intersecting the branch behind it interrupts the flow, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment