Thursday, June 20, 2013

The Swans of North Bay Park

North Bay Park is a frequent subject of my photos.  I like to walk through the park and it has a nice loop that makes for nice scenery despite the proximity of the I-94 and Ypsilanti.



For the past couple of years I've watched the swans.  A couple of years ago, they had one young.  Last year they had two.  This years, the next was right next to the trail and there were six eggs on the nest.  Five of them hatched.



The parent.



A couple of the chicks.



I shot a bunch of pictures and trying to narrow them down was tough.



Mom and the babies.



The adult.



The young.



These guys were falling asleep.  Watching them was fun and I spent quite a bit of time doing it.



Under the boardwalk are the nests of sparrows.  You can often see them sitting on the supports just resting.



Some turtles.  Last year, I didn't see a single turtle all year.  It is good to see them again.



Another sparrow.



A family of ducks.

1 comment: