Monday, June 3, 2013

Elizabethtown College

One of the reasons I was in Pennsylvania was that my mother was attending ceremonies at the college she graduated from.  It was 50 years since she had graduated and the college was having a ceremony honoring them.

I've been through the town before, but had really stopped at the college.  It is a beautiful campus.



Elizabethtown College was founded in 1899 as a Christian college.  The Student Union is on the right.  I don't know what the other buildings are.



I believe this is the old library.



This is the new library.



Alpha Hall was built in 1901 and houses administration.



The Dell, which is where graduation took place.  This used to be, though I'm not sure if it still is, the center for many campus activities.



I believe this is Myer Hall which was my mother's residence hall.  Her room was the top corner facing us.



The Brethren Church across the street from the college.

No comments:

Post a Comment