Sunday, June 2, 2013

Erb's Bridge

I recently traveled to Pennsylvania.  While there we spent the night with one of my mother's college friends.  I hadn't seen them since I was perhaps 10 years old.  Reconnecting with the family was great and I had an incredible time. 

One of the things I've always remembered about their place is that it overlooked a covered bridge.



Erb's Bridge is an 80 foot span crossing Hammer Creek in Lancaster County Pennsylvania and was built in 1849.  Apparently, if I'd been up a bit earlier, a hot air balloon landed just off to the left side of the picture.  I would have really liked to have gotten that shot.



Looking at the bridge from the front yard.



This is the view from our friend's front steps.



The bridge from road level.



Erb's Bridge.



The home we stayed in.

No comments:

Post a Comment