Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Between Glacier and Craters of the Moon

After leaving Glacier, I headed south.  The weather soon began to clear.

Looking west from along the roadside.



From the same vantage point.



The sun peeking through the clouds.



Driving along, I saw this bridge that appeared to be abandoned.  I've always been fascinated with structures like this, wondering why they were abandoned.  As I've gotten older, I've come to understand this more, but I still see them as windows to a time past and stories forgotten.



Clouds forming as the air rises over the mountain.



Looking back the way I came.



As I approached Butte, I saw this statue.  Named Our Lady of the Rockies, it is a statue of the Virgin Mary and was erected on the Continental Divide by the people of Butte.  At 90 feet tall, it is the second tallest statue in the States second only to the Statue of Liberty.  It is dedicated to women everywhere, in particular mothers.

1 comment: