Sunday, December 23, 2012

Wayne County Light Festival

With the Christmas season upon us, Ken over at Michigan Exposures and I decided to head to out to the Wayne County Light Festival.  I've never done much in the way of photographing lights at night, so this was more of an experiment for me.  It took awhile to get results I was okay with.  Overall, I'm happy with the way they turned out.




At the entrance there is this display.  It also shows a "You Are Here" with an arrow pointing to southeast Michigan.  The picture I had was over exposed, so I went with this one.


 

Just a little ways into the park. 


 

This horse rocked back and forth slowly.


 

This was a moving display too.  You can see the unlit portions of it.


 
 
Another very nice display.  I think this was one of my favorites.


 

A bit of a closeup.


 

Dinosaurs.  Do I need to say more?  The velociraptor was animated too.


 

The velociraptor  is about 75 feet or so behind the Triceratops. 

This one was animated too.


 

The North Pole.


 

Old Man Winter.


 

A ski slope.


 

I don't know what this was, but it was pretty nice.


 

The Polar Express?


 

A house of lights.


 

Santa's Reindeer Flight School.  This display was animated with the reindeer going up the ramp, flying through the air and landing.




This display was really nice.


 

My first thought was, "Duck hunting elves?"

And Santa begins his deliveries.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment