Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Farewell 2012

While it is not quite the end of 2012, I don't expect to make any more photo excursions.  I may get a picture or two, I have nothing planned.  This year held some unexpected surprises.  Normally, by the end of January or February I know what I'm planning for vacation.  This year, I didn't.  The plan to go to Montana and Wyoming came relatively late in the year.  In fact, the reservations for the trip on the Badger weren't made until the day I left.

2012 also saw the purchase of a digital SLR camera.  My friend Ken had been after me for years to get one and the trip west finally prompted me to bite the bullet.  I've had fun with the camera and am now relearning photography beyond the point-and-shoot method I'd used for most of the last 8 years. 

I'm hoping to grow in 2013.  To that end I'm taking a photography course at WCC.  I've wanted to take one since the late 80s and I've finally decided that it is time.  Starting next month, I'll be taking classes again.  I'm pretty excited by it. 

All in all, it was a good 2012.  I hope anyone reading had as good of a year as I did and I hope that 2013 is better for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment