Just east of Brimley is Point Iroquois Lighthouse. The first lighthouse on this spot went into operation in 1856.
That lighthouse remained in operation until the late 1860s. In 1870, the current lighthouse was constructed and remained in operation for 93 years. It was deactivated in 1962.
The grounds are run by the Bay Mills/Brimley Historical Research Society. There are some boardwalks running to the beach and around the grounds. This is a view from near the beach.
The boardwalk running through the grounds.
The tower stands 65 above the ground.
The tower through trees on the grounds.
The view from the road.