Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Waterfalls and other features in the Saint Mary Lake area

I don't recall what the name of this spot is.  The water comes rushing through the crack in the rock and then makes a 90 degree turn as seen at the bottom of the photo.  It is very impressive.



It is hard to really put into perspective just how far back this goes.



I took a walk to Saint Mary Falls.  There is a bridge across the river below the falls.  This is looking downriver.



Looking up at Saint Mary Falls.



I decided to hike up to Virginia Falls which was about another mile and a half up the trail.  The path followed the river for a good part of the way and cascades like this were not uncommon.



This is Virginia Falls.  You could hike up to the base of it, which I did.  I didn't take a picture of the falls from the base because it was far too wet.  Even here you can see that I was getting water on the lens.



Small flowers near Saint Mary Falls.



A lone flower. 
Hiking back to the car.  Virginia Falls can be see in the background.

1 comment: