Friday, November 26, 2010

The Fifth Day - Moses H. Cone Memorial Park

Moses H. Cone Memorial Park is the estate of Moses Cone. On his 3600 acres he had 75 varieties of apples in his orchards and constructed 25 miles of roadways. The park looked very nice. It was getting late and I still didn't know where I was going to spend the night and it looked like the weather was ready to turn rainy again so I didn't do much more than take a cursory look.

The old house is now a craft shop. The upstairs was off limits. While I was there, the front steps were being painted. The house is 13,000 square feet and is called Flat Top Manor. The carriage house has some carriage equipment and a cider press, I think.

Unfortunately, the few pics I took looking from the front of the home are of pretty poor quality so I have nothing to show you of the view from the home.

Approaching the side of the house.





The Carriage House.








Flat Top Manor

The roadway in front of the home.

No comments:

Post a Comment