Thursday, September 17, 2009

M-50 Trip - Dundee

In doing Dundee, I was trying to decide how to present it. I was there in early March when the river flooded. The contrast between then and now is evident.




This is a pretty poor shot, and hopefully the worst one you will see. It is the only shot that I could find that shows the difference between the water level and the shot below.


I watched this building being built and thought it was a poor location. It was completed 2 or 3 years ago and flooded for at least the last 2 years. I'm told that this building was to be condos and that they were originally to be about $400,000. The price has reportedly been dropped to $200,000, but the building sits empty. I peered through the windows, and it appears quite nice inside. The large door here is apparently the entrance to the underground parking area. I'm not sure who would want to live in the building when getting to it could be a problem each spring. I suppose that the underground parking could double as an indoor pool.


An indication of how high the water was. What is hard see is that the water had covered the road the previous day and was still flowing over it near the center of the picture. M-50 was closed due to flooding.


The bridge today.

No comments:

Post a Comment