Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Detroit and Windsor

Ken called on Sunday. He'd just gotten his passport and wanted to go to Windsor.  Since I don't have any pictures of Windsor or Detroit from Canada I agreed to go along even though I had a bunch of other stuff to do.



The Canadian end of the Ambassador Bridge.



Looking towards America.



The train station stands out. 



There were a couple of sculptures of dinosaurs in the park along the river.



Another view of the Ambassador Bridge.



The other dinosaur
A dancing bear.



A U.S. flag.  There was a Canadian flag just the the left of this one.



Detroit.



Just a tighter shot.



A war memorial.



I'm not usually a fan of sculptures, but for some reason, I really like this one.  Probably just because of the simplicity.


The RenCen.



Another shot of Detroit.  I probably shot more of this than necessary because I'm not used seeing it.



We stopped at Milliken State Park.  I saw that there was a ship upbound and debated about telling Ken about it.  He was ready to go back to the car and I knew if I told him about it I'd be stuck chasing ships.  Still, I knew he'd like it so I decided to bite the bullet and told him.  The ship coming was the Victoriaborg.  She's a salty. 



Ken then saw that Atlantic Huron was leaving the fueling dock and wanted a picture of it.  It was just going a short distance to unload.  It wasn't a great place to get a pic and this was the best that I could get.

2 comments:

  1. I can quit chasing ships at any ti....oh look, the Blough...:)

    I actually like that shot of the Atlantic Huron. that spot we went to take a picture of her is not great for that particular dock (didn't realize it was one) but it's not bad for pictures against the Bridge...but still keep one eye open.

    ReplyDelete