Sunday, June 12, 2011

Minnesota trip

I took a trip to Minnesota at the end of May. Rather than blast down the highway, I decided to take Michigan Avenue across the state. I did that until it crossed I-94 near Lake Michigan. At that point I got on the highway and continued on. It was a nice drive, but it added a couple of hours to the trip.


The twin towers in the Irish Hills. I love the Irish Hills, but think it is sad that so much has changed and that the attractions that were there are, for the most part, all closed.



This is a bridge somewhere along US-12. I don't recall what town it is in, but it is the largest of its kind in the state. Here you can see the footing for the previous railroad bridge.



The bridge only carries foot traffic now.



1 comment:

  1. It is the Mottville Bridge. It is somewhere west of Sturgis.

    ReplyDelete