Sunday, March 6, 2011

Parker Mill Park

Despite getting more snow last night, today turned out to be a pretty nice day. After being apartment bound for most of the week I decided to head out and go for a walk. My car took me to Parker Mill Park off Geddes Road. After a short walk down the snow covered path, there is a fork that takes back into the woods. It is a very nice walk, and I don't usually see too many people.

At one point the trail passes under the railroad tracks via the tunnel that carries the stream that passes through it. During times of high water, this portion of the boardwalk is often under water. Today was no different.


What the trail usually looks like in the winter



What awaited me at the stream.



I backtracked a bit and went up the hill and across the stream on the trackbed, then down the other side. This is the far side of the tunnel.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I've ever wandered through that park before. I should do it one of these days.

    ReplyDelete