Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Sixth Day - Grandfather Mountain

Grandfather Mountain is definately worth the time and money. The entrance fee was reasonable and I was there on what happened to be the nicest day of the entire trip.

What is that on the horizon? A condo or hotel project. I don't remember which. I read somewhere that after this was built it created such an uproar that a law was passed stating that no building could be higher than the skyline. I don't know if that is true or not, but after seeing this thing, I certainly wouldn't object to something like that.







Along the way there is a little pull off. I believe that this is called Split Rock.



The road to the top was closed as they were building a new gift shop at the top. I took the hiking trail to the top from the lower parking lot. Here the trail passes underneath the swinging bridge.



No comments:

Post a Comment