Friday, November 16, 2012

First attempt at portraits.

This past weekend I did my first serious attempt at taking pictures of someone.  I offered to attempt to take some senior pictures for some friends.  I've always put off taking pictures of people because I've never really enjoyed it.  And, because I enjoy photography, I like to take pictures for myself, knowing that I only have to please myself.  I was pretty nervous about trying something new and because although I was doing this for nothing, this time I'd be taking pictures for someone else and I didn't know how well they'd like them.  In the end, I had a lot of fun. 

I know there are a lot of flaws with them, but as a first serious attempt for pictures of someone, I'm pretty happy with them.

I'll just leave here without comment.





















2 comments:

  1. I really like the 4th and 7th one. REally nice shots there. Not too many distractions from the background. I also like the shots of just her face at the end. But it's not bad for a first attempt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there was some distracting stuff in the pics. The first pic here was the second one I shot. After that I moved in closer.

      There's too much shadow on her face in 4. I like the shot except for that.

      My problem was that I wasn't prepared to deal with the bright sun. Shooting into the sun left her face in shadow while her facing it made her squint.


      I'll learn. I'm glad she was a good sport. I think she had fun. I know I did.

      Delete